The following test can be performed with the Full / Low Speed fixture:
- Upstream & Downstream Full Speed Signal Integrity
- Upstream & Downstream Low Speed Signal Integrity
- Inrush current
- USB Vbus Drop
- USB Vbus Droop
- USB 2.0 High Speed Chirp, Suspend, Resume and Reset test
- Debugging and probing on USB 2.0 D+/D-
- Observing the USB 2.0 power consumption with a scope or multimeter
Let us know what scope & probe solution you have so we adjust the pin headers accordingly since Keysight, Tekronix, LeCroy, Yokogawa, Rohde Schwarz, … use different pin headers.
Beside the fixture it’s also required to have the appropriate cables:
Full / Low speed signal quality, Inrush, drop and droop measurement also require at least two short USB 2.0 Std A cable – Std B.
Full speed signal quality require the following cables:
- Downstream Full Speed signal quality measurements of a hub or host is done with 5 meter USB 2.0 Std A cable – Stb B
- Upstream Full Speed signal quality measurements of a device or hub with Std B receptacle is done with 5 meter USB 2.0 Std A – Stb B cable
- Upstream Full Speed signal quality measurements a device or hub with mini B receptacle is done with 4.5 meter USB 2.0 Std A – mini B cable
- Upstream Full Speed signal quality measurements a device or hub with micro B receptacle is done with 2 meter USB 2.0 Std A- mirco B cable
Note that high speed and super speed products also must support basic speed.